Re: Anderszewski

Dear  Przemek,

I do actually own a copy of Anderszewski playing the Diabelli Variations.  Certainly out of the generation of pianists that exists right now, and is in their prime, he is probably one of the better, at least in my opinion.  This recording is very good indeed, and I have compared it to many of the greats (and not so greats) out there.  Of all of the recordings of his out there on the market, I think that this is the best that I've heard.  If there are any hesitations whether to buy it or not, I would buy it.
I agree with the present opinion that his Mozart is a bit boring.  If you are looking for good Mozart concerto playing I would go for Robert Casadesus, Rudolf Serkin (the earlier recordings), Clifford Curzon.....or dare I say it....Glenn Gould in the c-minor concerto...which I happen to believe is one of the best of this concerto out there.  There is a studio recording (Susskind conducting) of this and a live performance (Jochum conducting), both are incredible.

One question about Anderszewski for everyone though: Everyone who has responded talked about the French Suites, which I'll admit are unique, but has any one heard the Partitias which were recently released....are they worth buying?

-Scott

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!