Re: Bach and the Villian

Also Captain Nemo in 20,000 leagues under the sea- he played a Bach work on his submarine organ (Tocc. & Fug in d)!
I don't know why they portray them this way.  But here are a few possibilities:
* Since these antagonists are intelligent bad guys, they have learned about Bach and possibly have been educated about him.
* Cruelty always seeks out beauty.
* Since these villains all have very hard days doing evil deeds creating chaos and havoc, they decompensate by enjoying Bach.
*Bach is great because he is accessible to most ears.
* Perhaps Bach is seen as perverse to the movie makers or they assume the average movie viewer will associate 'classical' music as upper-crust (class)- this is a bad thing to do!!!!!
*Movie writers might be listening to Bach while they write their movie scripts and just throw it in.
* I have yet to hear a villain listening to Carl Nielsen or Czerny.

ML wrote:
Why does the antagonist or evil character in so many movies listen to Bach?

Hannibal Lecter, listens to the Goldbergs in his prison cell in Silence of the Lambs
Magneto, listens to the first fugue from WTC in his prison cell in Xmen2

I'm sure there's plenty more examples...

Why is it that the brilliant, sophisticated, yet evil characters love Bach?!??!

Anyone have any other examples of villians who listen to Bach?