RE: ? ? ? GG and Webern

Yes. I have that original LP recording (“Canadian Music in the 20th Century”). I bought it in Dallas, TX in a used record shop in 1980.

Daniel Vaiser

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2003 8:00 PM
To: F_MINOR@EMAIL.RUTGERS.EDU
Subject: Re:       GG and Webern

Just curious. How rare is this recording by GG? It was released by CBS Canada in 1967 to tie in with their centenary It is called "Canadian Music in the 20th Century" and features our hero playing music by Oskar Morawetz, Istvan Anhalt and Jacques Hetu. I found it next to the equally scarce Arden disk with Claude Rains. Does anyone else have that maple leaf recording?