The Idea of North...einstein on the beach?

I was listening to a section of Phillip Glass' "Einstein on the Beach."  I really loved it...but does anyone else notice the connection to Glenn's "The Idea of North" (or at least the opening section) with the overlapping voices, the human fugue as it were?

Many differences include:

Einstein on the Beach is more poetic and imaginary, whereas Idea of North is more prosian and documentary
Einstein on the Beach has music in the background
Einstein on the Beach is not as purposely and powerfully fugal as the Idea of North opening.

But one striking similarity is that they both understand that it is not essential for the listener to hear every single syllable spoken.  That's not an issue to Glenn, and it doesnt seem to be an issue to Mr. Glass.  If you've never heard it---listen, it's interesting and really beautiful.

All these are the days my friends and these are the days my friends,
ML