Re: John Cage will keep tormenting you until 2642 AD

Hey, that's fantastic.  Oh cruel sad fate that human beings don't live long enough to hear the entire composition!

Did I hear something on the radio a few months ago about a man who's programmed a computer to play an ever changing non-repetitive sequence of sounds for hundreds, if not thousands, if not an infinite number of years?  Maybe the computer-sound system is in a light house?  Any help jogging this old memory of mine is appreciated.

Here's a link I just found to a Andrew Rangell interview.

http://freshair.npr.org/day_fa.jhtml?displayValue=day&todayDate=03/16/1999

Jim (actually something of a Cage fan.  His Indeterminacy set is actually quite funny.  Some of the best work I've heard by him.)