Re: completely off topic

Peter Lyon wrote :-

> This is indeed a fascinatng anecdote re- Bill Evans,a fantastic talent.
> Truly tragic with his addiction but you mention it is related to GG. I don't
> see the connection. Gould surely never 'shot-up.' Pills yes, but smack,
> surely not.Was there some other connection between the Gouldster and Bill
> Evans?

Well, they knew each other and they admired each others work. Apparently
Gould, despite his admittedly only mild enthusiasm for jazz, and his dislike
of live concerts  (his or anyone elses) also went to listen to Evans
performing live.  I have heard also that he let Evans play his beloved CD318
but I don't know any details about that!

GG himself cofessed he had no talent whatsoever for playing jazz. However,
an article concerning him and  jazz appeared in GlennGould  magazine in
1999, and you can read it in full here:-

http://www.jazzreport.com/essays/glenn-gould.html

It includes details of his relationship with Evans

And no, I don't imagine Gould ever used pills as recreational drugs!

Kate