Re: GG Recordings

    I wonder if there is any difference in the quality of the recordings.

They are different recordings entirely. CBC has the rights to everything
before 1955 (broadcasts and concerts), Sony everything after.  I think,
maybe the division is more complex, but that's the basic idea.

Anyway, the Goldbergs on CBC are from a concert in 1954, I think.  There
are at least three recordings from Sony (55, 59, 81, plus the remastered
State of Wonder recordings).  Bradley has written several articles
comparing all the various recordings (plus some by other artists), he
has a list at:
  http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl/gg-bach.htm

(Personally, nothing beats the '81 for me.)

The CBC recordings should be available online in many places, among them
http://cbcrecords.ca.  Searching for `Gould' on their home page there
gets 13 results ...

Hope this helps,
karl