Re: The Goldberg Variations and Kreisleriana

At 04:38 PM 12/11/2002 -0500, you wrote:
(JHello!
(B (J
(B (JThere is a book called Kreisleriana in 18C of Germany. In it Kreisler played the Variations. These two works have a certain relationship. Robert Schumann composed a work titled Kreisleriana. But I am afraid that Schumann didn't know about the Goldberg Variations so much as we know.

Why not? As far as I know, the Goldbergs were in circulation for most musicians, especially composers/performers.

Bruce Petherick