odd humming noise

Dear James:

I remember the very first time i heard a GG tape....i
thought was hearing voices...i heard this
singing/humming and i thought, i must be cracking
up...i didn't know a thing about him at that time. i
asked the friend who loaned me the tape if he had
heard the voices and he reassured me, yes, it was GG
who was doing the humming and not in my head!

I don't mind the singing at all, infact i sing right
along with him alot of the time. i sing/hum while i
play the piano too, especially when i am learning a
piece and trying to get the different thematic lines
in my head. I was taught this way, that if you can
sing the melody, or countertheme or whatever (even if
off key) then you will be able to play it, because it
is "in your ear". it's true, at least for me.

Regards,

--- James Whiskeychan <ojibwa50@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Deborah said:
> Dear Jamie & others:
> I am waiting on my copy of "State of Wonder".  When
> get it i shall listen for this artifact on tract you
> mention and get back w/ you on it. how bizarre! i
> hope
> it is not a wide spread problem! you should be able
> return the cd and request another one, tell them it
> is
> defective...hopefully another copy will be ok.
>
> This reminds me of an old story.  A lady bought one
> of Glenn Gould's first recordings.  She took it back
> to the store and demanded a new record from the
> clerk.  The piano playing was wonderful but her
> record was defective -- an odd humming noise.
> JamesGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer
> download : http://explorer.msn.com

=====
Deborah Dana

"To Forgive is human, to err is computer"