From: madiva@WORKING.IT
Sent: August 8, 2002 10:59 AM
To: F_MINOR@EMAIL.RUTGERS.EDU
Subject: GG's compositions(String quartet n° 1)

Dear F minors,

a few days ago the Italian Broadcasting transmitted the program "Glenn Gould the Composer":
The pieces were : "Lieberson Madrigal ", "String Quartet n° 1", "Two pieces for piano"," Sonata for bassoon and piano", "Sonata for piano" (unfinished) and "So you want to write a fugue".
An interesting comment supported this "flight" through the compound  GG's work.
Personally I was charmed by his "String Quartet n° 1".
Please,what do you think about this piece?

Always glad to read your post

Valeria Massari