-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Petherick [mailto:bpetherick@SHAW.CA]
Sent:
Wednesday, August 07, 2002 5:51 PM
To: F_MINOR@EMAIL.RUTGERS.EDU
Subject:
Desert Island Discs [OT, maybe?]

Hi all,
        I have been catching up with various emails over the last few hours and thought about being without my CD collection for a year. I am in the middle of a real
Desert Island situation, and I though I might ask what CDs are the minimum for a healthy life-style :-> Wy wife had to go back to Australia to pack up, so these are what she selected for both of us (NB no editing to protect some bad choices on my part!)

In no particular order:

1. Steve Reich "Music for 18 musicians" [original recording]
2. Steve Recih " The Cave" [Good for scaring people with the Carl Sagan part :->]
3. Arvo Part "Passio"
4. Jan Garbarek "Rites"
5. Bent Sorensen "Birds and Bells" [Most of you won't know this, but it is really brilliant. Look for it ECM New Series]
6. Sinfonye "Complete Hildegard von Bingen Vol 1"
7. Kronos Quartet "Early Music"
8. Morton Feldman "all piano" John Tilbury [best and most complete performance until I can finish my set :->]
9. Morton Feldman "Coptic Light" Ensemble Avant-Garde [Not my favourite of the 3 recordings I have of this, but still pretty damn good]
10. Keith Jarret "Koln Concert"
11 - 14. First four albums of Brad Mehldau
15. South Park "Bigger Longer & Uncut" [This was the only pop music we played my daughter in vitro, and she still likes it at 2]
16. Bruce Hornsby "Harbor Lights" [Can you tell that I play the piano??]
and
17. The CBC 1954 Goldbergs. I bought this just before we left, so it is the freshest. I miss my '81 now!

Thoughts?

Bruce Petherick