GG a Question of Sex?

Kate has posed an excellent questionI am on several other music lists.  Almost all the posters are men.  This is true of both the classical and jazz lists.  The e-lists are like "Old Boy's" groups.
On one list there was a thread about classical music videos.  If I was a woman I would have been offended at some of the remarks which were made.  If I were to make comments like those about women at my house I would be dead meat.
I find it very peculiar that men who praise Angela Hewitt and Rosalyn Tureck treat regular women with such disrespect.
I have not been on F minor for long. Perhaps I don't have an accurate take on things, but it seems to me that there are not very many women posters.

 Juozas Rimas wrote:
guess this is due to a stereotype. Similarly, some hold that there were no
great female painters or composers because of the brain peculiarities... Those
thinking so tend to forget about the social environment for thousands of years
before it when a woman could not expect to realize itself in such ways...

Perhaps this is why so many women used to use male names when they sent work to publishers.  Remember George Sands, Chopin's friend?
James