GG Changing what the composer wrote

 Kate Clunies-Ross wrote:

>But as Glenn Gould  humself said,

Excellent Kate!  Please don't tell us this was a typo.

>once we had recordings.what would be the
point of playing something in exactly the same way as another person? Music
would become boring (God forbid!) if each recording was nearly identical to
tthe previous ones. Hence, absolute fidelity to the composers' intentions is
no longer so important.>

I wonder what Glenn Gould would say if we changed some things in *his* compositions.  I have the score to the 5 Short Pieces.  He did not write in very many dynamic or tempo markings.  This suggests that he leaves the interpretation up to the performer.

At the bottom of #II this is written "Dynamics; reserved, as with all this set, but mf."  In the 3rd line I feel like playing f or ff.  I wonder if this would upset him.  Would he mind if I changed a few notes?

James