Re: solitude

> Elmer wrote
> > "I think if we try to evaluate his life from our experience and
> >our standards, we're doomed to come to the wrong conclusions."
>
> Exactly. The problem is that we are trying to evaluate his life in
> accordance with our own ideas and standards of what is "normal".

Furthermore, I do not think Gould's case is something *special*. I would never
call a lonely man unhappy, even if he is not rich and famous as Gould. It's as
simple as some people being introverts and enjoying every minute of their
loneliness or aloneness.

If a person wants bad to be in the public and can't achieve it, his life may be
sad. But if a person consciously chooses to live in a hut deep in a forest, how
can we judge him?

Juozas Rimas Jr (not the one playing)
http://www.mp3.com/juozasrimas (oboe, piano, strings)