From: "Lorenzo Fanti" <fantilollo@hotmail.com>
To: "Anne Chrystine" <glenn24p@HOTMAIL.COM>
CC: "The list F-minor" <F_MINOR@EMAIL.RUTGERS.EDU>
Subject: GG religious beliefs
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 15:03:41 +0200

Hello Anne,
what i found out is that GG respected the Bible; sometimes he said: <<the
Bible becomes alive by this Music>>(Bachs A-capella Madrigalchoirs).
He was never member of a church, but once he said to his tuner,(that
meanwhile became his friend; frequently they speek about everything they
could talk), he said that he fit nowhere, but "I am impressed by the
teachings and the way of life of the Mennoniten*. If a religious
municipality, then such!"

The menoniten(this is the german word, i don´t know if it is the same
in English) are the oldest free Evangelist Church. This movement
developed in 16. century from the "Taeuferbewegung"(something like
a baptizes-movement). The Baptizens wanted to stand as Christians of
age(german: "mündig", italiano:"non più minorenni, che sanno parlare)
in the follow-up Jesu and wanted so to find the way back to their
municipality
only as actually belivers(german: "gläubige", italian: "credenti").
Therefore they rejected the child baptism and they were baptezeid on
knowing
what they are beliving in. Besides they refused the war service.
They live still today especially in Canada....they do not use
household-appliance,
they live always in black-dress, they make still everything by hand, they
live
still as before one hundred years; they have no tractors for the farm
work...
blablabla
they think the simplest way to find God is the Best...
they help together, they have nearly always a family with more than 10
sons and daughters...they need them to work. :-O

so
Glenn Gould was interested also much in religious affairs

buon giorno Lore

and i´m sure you know what
i´m speaking about, even my language is so bad....
:D

bye
Lore