The Thrill of Glenn Gould

Glenn Gould's Bach recordings  have a prayer like aura that I am unable
to adequately express in this e-mail. I have experienced this quality in
other artist's recordings such as Bernstein's Carl Nielsen Symphony #3
and in many of the recordings of the jazz bass clarinetist and
saxophonist, Eric Dolphy. These recordings all have some sort of
transcendental quality about them- I don't know what it is, but they
evoke a prayer like atmosphere which always rejuvenates me. I thank God
for the gift of music.
Tom Tuttle