[no subject]

Luis wrote: What makes the difference between GG and many other world famous
pianists that specially inthe case of GG mkes the listener (me,you,etc.)
deeply thrilled while listening for the first time at GG performance?
        Ever watch those tapes of Glenn swaying wildly? The humming, the
complete submersion in what he's doing.... Ever try it? swaying and humming
I mean. I have. The humming helps me to completly zero in on what I'm
playing. The swaying is like riding on the waves of the music. A few times
while trying this (and I mean a few!) I have felt complete contact with the
piano, like it was an extension of myself. And then the next second it would
be gone. It was like I had injected a part of myself into the music. I think
this is what Glenn did. This is where he is seperated from other pianists.
It's the difference between playing with feeling and playing with your OWN
feeling,turning the music into your own creation,or re-creation. I don't
really think I would ever be able to do those things in public like Glenn.He
was very brave, exposing himself in all those public concerts in that way.
That's another thing; swaying and humming and gesticulating and all really
is exhausting, and I don't mean physically; it's more like spiritually. And
I've only had a few moments of real connection!( I don't know what to call
it really.) Can you imagine doing it every time you sat down at the piano?
(Maybe you can, I don't know.)And finally, I don't think that Glenn is
different from other players just because he played so individually(I could
say subjectively) because if that were the case then all these pop stars
would generate the same kind of feeling and, in my experience, they haven't.
I think that what makes glenn's individual playing stand out is that he
himself was so interesting. GLenn was Glenn. We want to hear about him
through his playing. We don't want to find out about or learn from boring,
characterless people.
              I must admit here that I love to speculate and hope I haven't
lost anyone or angered anyone with this post. I hope it makes sense:)