Brahms Intermezzi from Heaven

Hey friends,

  just a quick thank you.  I recently read one of your postings praising Gould's Brahms Intermezzi.  Despite priding myself on my collection of Gould's recordings I realised to my shame that I had never heard these recordings.  If truth be told, it was a classic case of comtempt prior to investigation - Gould and Brahms?  I had heard his Brahms 1st concerto wih Bernstein and was impressed (particularly with the last movt) but had never got hold of the Intermezzi.  Anyway, yesterday I popped down to Tower and bought the double cd and have been kicking myself ever since for not having got these sooner.
   Just extraordinary, and a big contender for my favourite all time Gould (along with Beethoven 1 and 4).  So thanks for pointing this out to me.  I'm just disappointed he didn't record more Brahms (or Schumann etc).  Imagine Gould playing the Handel variations and fugue, or the Schumann C maj fantasie!

  All the best,

  James