Re: GG - Ultra-romantic!! (was RE: GG and "romantic" interpretation)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank Dean Dennowitz" <matthew.harding@CIC.GC.CA>
To: <F_MINOR@EMAIL.RUTGERS.EDU>
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 9:24 PM
Subject: GG - Ultra-romantic!! (was RE: GG and "romantic" interpretation)

>From: Bradley P Lehman [mailto:bpl@UMICH.EDU]
>I can hardly stand to listen to much of his Bach from after about 1970 anymore:
>
>Aaaaaaaaagh! This is an outrage! Lies and more lies! How dare you besmirch our
beloved
>Glenn!!

:) The sudden death of the emotional Gould right after 1970 to the point he is
unbearable seems to be a bit exaggerated to me as well. Is the difference SO
striking? Maybe to the ear of a professional...
Is his e flat minor prelude from the WTCI really that "romantic", "emotional" or
whatever? And it's 1962!

Juozas Rimas Jr (not the one playing)
http://www.mp3.com/juozasrimas (oboe, piano, strings)