GG: Virus involving 'f_minor'

Hello All,

It seems that dis-allowing attachments from f_minor will not solve all of
our virus problems!  Twice today I have received viruses with members'
names in the "From" column.  I even received a virus with the f_minor
address in the "From" column addressed "To" my address!  Once I checked
the actual route of the email I noticed it came from the same ISP that
only one of our members usues so I suspect it was his machine that was
infected. The virus then selected random names to fill out the email with
the odd coincidence that both email addresses were related to f_minor.

So I request that if you get a suspicious email that seems to be from one
of our members or the list itself that you notify me and forward the email
to me with the VERBOSE HEADER.  This will be a header that will include
all the routing information for the email, not just "To" and "From" info.
Again, the virus is faking that info so it is misleading.  If you don't
know how to view FULL or VERBOSE headers, please look through the help
function of your email software for information.  If you delete the email
(as I have done, myself) we will not be able to trace the infected
machine.  Some of you will be fairly immune to this virus if you are not
using Microsoft products, not using a PC, or if your mail router has virus
protection on it. Some of your email addresses bounce viruses back to me
if the f_minor address in involved in any way-- even if the virus did not
ACTUALLY come from f_minor but the virus just used that address in the
"From" column, exploiting a member's address book.

For more information about how to clean your computers from such viruses
see http://www.symantec.com

Whew!

Thank you,
Mary Jo Watts