Re: The Harpsichord/Violin sonatas?

On Wed, 1 May 2002, Juozas Rimas wrote:

> I was somehow omitting GG's recording of the sonatas but I finally listened to
> the one he recorded with Laredo/Rose.
>
> What are your opinions about this recording?

One of my absolute favourite GG recordings. There's a rapt intensity in
the partnership between GG and Laredo. Its as if Laredo plays the straight
man to GG's clown. But the result is a really original rethink of all
these pieces, rarely a dull moment and some exquisite music especially in
the 1st, 3rd and 5th sonatas, where the intensity of slow movements
becomes almost too much. The faster movements bounce along nicely with GG
clearly enjoying himself having fun working with  Laredo.

By all accounts it was a happy four (?) nights for them both and a great
shame that they didn't record any more.

Has anyone heard Gould/Rose in the Beethoven op 102 cello/piano  sonata ?

Neil