Re: GG Wagner's "Siegfrid Idyll "

>Brendel, Arrau, Rostropovich, Casals, Pavarotti, etc.). ONly Gould causes a
deep impact and a

Heck, I also sometimes wonder why I like Gould. He has so many bad features but
I still manage to find ridiculously few better renditions by other performers of
the works GG played. For example, I started searching for a different version of
the Fantasia from the 3rd Partita because I somehow thought it was a bit too
fast in GG's interpretation. "Well - I was thinking to myself - I'll find a bit
slower version and forget Gould here"
I listened to Tureck's Fantasia because I heard her plat Goldbergs very slowly.
Boy, I had to go back to the damn Gould.

It was indeed a bit slower but not so coherent or something like that. I don't
know how to explain it actually - Tureck is a skilled pianist but some secret
bolt is missing in her. I don't know. Gould sometimes plays too fast, dry,
sometimes even bangs the keys but there's something in him that makes the flaws
not substantial.

Juozas Rimas Jr (not the one playing)
http://www.mp3.com/juozasrimas (oboe, piano, strings)