From: Mary Jo Watts
To: F_MINOR@EMAIL.RUTGERS.EDU
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2002 4:07 PM
Subject: Re: GG photos

It's a beautiful photo by Jock Carroll that I had on the f_minor site for
awhile years back and may still be in there somewhere. It's still on the
server. Whoever right-clicked and saved it (it's my scan-- a quirky naming
system I had mixed with the fact that I saved it as a .gif tell me so)
ran a filter over it in Photoshop or some such program to make it look a
bit artsy but Carroll's original is cooler IMHO.

The thing about it is that I had copyright perms. from Carroll's estate to
use the photos from his book and the person who made the site below
didn't. (I steal stuff off web sites all the time so I can't whine when
someone takes something I put up that doesn't belong to me!) It's kind of
interesting given that the Gould estate and the Carroll estate were
famously in court over who owned the rights to the photos.

The tag the Carroll estate asked me to include is:
Photo by Jock Carroll. Copyright Angus Carroll.

The photo is from the really gorgeous book:
Glenn Gould: Some Portraits of the Artist as a Young Man by Jock Caroll.

laughing,

Mary Jo
listowner, f_minor
mwatts@rci.rutgers.edu

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Juozas Rimas wrote:

> I've stumbled on an even better picture of GG at the website of Grigory
Sokolov