From: Vincent Vo
To: F_MINOR@EMAIL.RUTGERS.EDU
Sent: Saturday, March 09, 2002 3:43 PM
Subject: Some Gould Questions

I have a few questions to fellow f-minors...

1.)  In the recent Van Cliburn Piano Competition, many of the competitors
selected to play Ravel's La Valse in their programmes. Now, I don't know of
any transcriptions of this work besides Gould's. So is it possible that the
transcription is indeed, Gould's?

* I would like to add that in many conservatories, the La Valse
transcription
is a very popular work that is studied.

2.)  Gould plays a Beethoven piece, midway through this file...
http://www.gould.nlc-bnc.ca/ra/1183.ram

Anybody know what that piece is?