Re: F_MINOR Digest - 8 Feb 2002 to 11 Feb 2002 (#2002-25)

This is in regards to APP...

I've listened to both.. for myself personally, I thought Gould's Chromatic
Fantasy was one of the worst, as the left hand staccatto playing really
distracted the whole recording. I really like the Schnabel recording a lot,
and the similarity with Gould's is its breath-taking chords, but that's where
the comparison ends for me.

For another Bach recording with tremendous virtuoso playing similar to the
Chromatic Fantasy that's non-Gould... try the 5th Brandenburg with pianist
Rudolf Serkin, conducted by Pablo Casals!!

Vince