Goldberg '81 - CD vs. video

Hi,

My name is Matthew and this is my first posting.  The '81 Goldberg recording by Gould is the first CD I ever purchased, in 1981. To this day it is my favourite CD of all, bar none. I have listened to it probably 1,000 times. Based on this rather extensive listening experience, as well as having a musical ear from 20 years of piano study and performance, I have practically memorized the '81 CD.

I recently watched the video recording from the same year, and noticed subtle differences between the video and CD versions. I would like to ask if anyone has noticed this as well. It seems that Gould used slightly different splices for each.  Comments?

Matthew van Wollen
President, The Vancouver Chopin Society