Re: GG: The Idea Of North

>it seems like GG's name or references to him seem to appear at very
>strange and unusual places nowdays.....
>
>I just stumbled over an a-capella jazz/gospel ensemble from Australia
>called The Idea of North....
>
>According to the band the name "can mean whatever you want it to mean"
>
>the official website  can be found at:
>
>http://www.idea.com.au/

Thanks. Pat, but I don't think this mob have even heard of GG. And I've
never heard of them.

'North' in the northern hemisphere means cold, long winters, wolves,
snow, ice, freezing fog, polar bears, tundra, endless pine forests,
Inuit. 'North' in the southern hemisphere means heat, humidity, cyclones
(hurricanes), insects, desert living, dry country, red desert, snakes,
Aborigines.

I think Glenn would have hated Australia. Mind you, I still like
listening to Bach when it's 42C, so maybe GG would have done so too. If
he had come here to play, at least he could then have taken his gloves
and overcoat off. Maybe.

Tim Conway
Broome, WA, Oz
(Broome is 18 degrees south of the equator, well within the tropics.)