Re: Marketing and attachments

Benjamin and All,

It is inappropriate to send attachments to a mailing list and to market
items to a mailing list without the consent of the list owner-- that's me.
Anyone who continues with this behavior will be banned from the list.

Attachments clog up the box of many international subscribers (over 300)
and people who have limited resources or slow connections are often
paralysed by them and unable to receive their personal mail. Plus,
attachments spread viruses. If anyone desires to share image information,
simply include a URL in e-mails to the list to a web site of your own
creation.

A friendly bit of advice-- it is illegal to market materials using the
photos of others who own the copyrights to that material-- that's
"bootlegging" and there are many Gould official types on the list who look
down on that sort of thing.

Best,
Mary Jo Watts,
listowner f_minor