Re: ... gonna find out who's naughty or nice ...

>From the 2001/2 National Film Board of Canada catalogue:

Glenn Gould On and off the record.
... Includes 7 bonus tracks from Sony, an interactive menu
designed to replicate Gould's own piano keyboard, complete bios
and photos of Gould and crew.
DVD: 153C 0199 122/EC011 CDN$34.95
(Video: B0159 158/EC011)

Date sent:              Mon, 12 Nov 2001 12:58:21 -0500
Send reply to:          Elmer Elevator <bobmer@JAVANET.COM>
From:                   Elmer Elevator <bobmer@JAVANET.COM>
Subject:                ... gonna find out who's naughty or nice ...
To:                     F_MINOR@EMAIL.RUTGERS.EDU

Anybody have any spectacular suggestions of CDs or DVDs (I just got one of them new-fangled thangs) I can buy as Christmas gifts (which maybe will never get sent but just accidentally remain here)?

New, old, Gould preferred, but non-Gould fine, too -- just musically spectacular, that's all I require.

Hey! It's Veterans Day here in the US, and I'm one! (Remembrance Day in Canada & UK.) Everybody go hunt up an animated cartoon version of "l'Histoire du Soldat" by Stravinsky, by the artist R.O. Blechman! It's gorgeous, moving, haunting, thrilling! Voices of Max von Sydow, ("My Dinner with) Andre
Gregory; Gerard Schwarz conducting the Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra. Seems like it's a bit hard to buy, but it's the kind of thing good libraries have. ********* ½ -- Bob