Gould and jazz

Dears F minors,
two day ago I translate from English to Italian a commentary by Mike Neely about the Jazz Trio   Manusardi/ Higgins /Ware in a live concert recorded on July 15th 2000.in Hollywood
I'm new at the Jazz form.
I read that Glenn Gould in an interview with Dennis Braithwaite for the daily news "Star of Toronto" on March 28th 1959 says:
"I like jazz but not in the intellectual form; to listen jazz is not a deep experience  like to listen "The Art of the Fugue".
Someone know more about the relationship Gould/jazz?

 Best and thanks

Valeria Massari