From: "Lora Friedenthal" <darkmagess@darkmagess.com>
To: <discuss@openoffice.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2001 3:11 PM
Subject: [discuss] unrelated news

> Two planes just crashed into the World Trade Center in NYC, one plane in
> each building.
>
> -Magess

My first impulse was to write a joke-reply, so much unthinkable was the
news, but soon I realized that no American newsserver was accessible so
something had to be at hand.

The Twin Towers have a special meaning for me. In my discussions with
Lyle Mays they played an important role for their beauty, their slight
twist against the geographical stretch of Manhattan and the message they
held for us being twins, not a single building and thus representing the
idea of the opposite twins, the dichotomy of belonging together and being
individuals.

But all this fades before the sight of desperate humans waving or
jumping, and glancing at a crashing tower knowing several thousands of
humans get killed there.

Oh, all this is so unspeakable.

I could imagine listening to “Wir setzen uns mit Tränen nieder”, the
final choir of St. Matthew or Alban Berg's “Dem Andenken eines Engels”.

But for the moment there isn't anything but silence.

Jost

Am 11.09.2001, 17:46:17, schrieb Anne Smith <smithqa@NEXICOM.NET> zum Thema
Best wishes to all Americans: