Re: No Subject (That letter!)

> Please remind us where this letter is quoted from.

I take it you are referring to the "Dell " letter?
It appears in the Selected Letters of Glenn Gould. Also, it is seen in one
of the sections of "Thirty two Short films"!

> Is there anything else known about the woman to whom it was addressed?

No, nothing. It has been pointed out that, from the way it is is worded,
although   the letter addressed to "Dell" . this might not in fact be the
womans name. The letter  actually appears to be telling someone else called
"Dell"  _about_ the existence of a certain  beaut. girl. who is not named.

In an interview that appeared shortly before the Selected letters was
published, Goulds cousin Jessie said that she thought that  far too much
importance was bing given to the Dell letter. But she did confirm in the
same interview that she knew about Gould's women friends, and in fact kept
in contact with one of them  that she particularly liked, after his death!
But she gave no details. Like  everyone that knew him, she was very loyal to
his wish to keep the details if his private life just that:  private.

I wouldnt have put it past Gould's sense of humour to have invented "Dell"
just to confuse future  biographers and those interested in the details of