Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2001 4:31 PM
Subject: Re: Fans

>From Anne Smith:

> From: LoveGlenn
>> "I probably would've been known as a psycho fan (I wonder if he had any)."

> Yes he did.

There was one fan who was a woman from Texas who lived on a
ranch (I believe) and wrote to him every day. As far as I
remember, he never answered her letters, handing them over
to Andrew Kazdin who something. I don't know if this woman
is still alive.

There was also a woman who used to show up at the family's
house (or cottage) and watch his father watering in the
lawn, evidently hoping to catch a glimpse of the young GG.

Maybe these fans are the reason Glenn drove so fast!!! ;->

>>" I would have sent him love notes every day in the mail.
>>Nah, I wouldn't scare him, "

> There was a woman who sent him a lot of love notes.  He
> was scared of her.

On top of sending the daily letters, that woman also
thought she was married to Glenn! I can see how that would
make him nervous. IIRC, Andy Kazdin was puzzled by why GG
was so threatened by this fan and others like her. But
Kazdin was also confused by the term "double double" and by
GG's use of the pronounciation "fillum." In his notorious
book, Kazdin reported that GG once hid from a particular
fan who tried a little too hard to meet him.

I remember hearing that one of GG's "psycho fans" threatened
to stand on a busy street corner in Toronto (Bloor and
Yonge?) and shoot people until he showed up and talked to
her. Very wisely, he chose not to show up and let other
people deal with her. (No Torontonians were harmed in the
making of this letter.)

Anne M. Marble
Only somewhat kooky Glenn Gould fan