Re: Glenn Gould's Sense of Humor

From: Anne M. Marble:

> What do you think about Glenn Gould's sense of humor? I know
> a lot of people don't appreciate the jokes, particularly the
> (bad) accents.

Perhaps his sense of humour was too subtle for many people.  A case in point
would be the Mozart Sonatas.  I am quite sure that Glenn Gould knew that his
interpretations were not umm........ shall we say "main-line".  When I am
feeling blue I put GG's Mozart Sonatas on the CD player.  This always make
me feel better.  Music that makes you feel good can't be bad.

Anne Smith