Glenn Gould and Applause

I finally bought the famous Salzburg album! I love it, but
I must admit that the applause sounds rather weird after a
Glenn Gould performance. Or at least after certain
performances.

For example... Yes, the Sweelinck was wonderful, but the
applause sounds out of place after that piece. Even jarring.
It doesn't seem so out of place after the Mozart, which has
a different tone.

BTW I also like the selection of composers in that concert.
I'm sure that raised some eyebrows. Sweelinck, Schoenberg,
Mozart, Bach... What a combination! But it worked.