[no subject]

'Neanderthal' and 'racist' are words usually associated WITH Nazism and not
those opposed to it. Tim, please don't apply them to me.
Immediately the subject has veered off topic, namely GG's so called kindred
spirit with Von Karajan.
Wasn't GG himself a devotee of the music of Wagner, so contradictions all
around and of course art should transcend politics or else it would become
impossble fully to understand it's purpose. I think Furtwangler exemplifies
this trancendense as his spirituality was/is relevant to his interpretations
as were GG's. Pity they never recorded together. But Von Karajan, such a
narcissist and an arrogance entered into his interpretations as to bespoil
them a little and I am confining this opinion to his only recording with GG
which as I pointed out previously dissapoints greatly alongside the
GG/Bernstein collaboration of the same work.

Regards

Peter Lyon

Bangkok,Thailand