Wagner's hypnotic power

jost posted privately to me by mistake, i posted this back to him about
his Wagnerpost:

==============

My literary agent (was ist das auf Deutsches? Büchagent?) is a Jewish
woman who grew up in New York City. She says when she was a little girl
in the 1950s, her mother dragged her to every Wagner opera. I asked,
"Isn't that sort of ... odd ... for Jewish people?" She said she'd never
thought about that before ... all she remembered was her mother's
obsessive love for Das Ring and every note Wagner ever wrote. He has an
amazing, magical power over people. Everyone forgives him for everything
because of his music.

Hitler wanted to be an architect and a painter. Around 1919 he applied
to the big Wein Kunstinstitut to study art -- and was REJECTED! I would
really like to find the Admissions Dean and punch him in the nose.
Couldn't he have found just one place for a not-very-talented artist?
How happy the world would have been if Hitler could have studied art!
(Fidel Castro wanted to be an American baseball player, but was also
rejected by the Yanqui Besbol Team Owner.)

Bob