Another quote?

Good evening F-minor;
A short while ago I asked the list about the source of a quote attributed to
Glenn Gould, and very kindly received replies (appears the quote in question
was from the Toronto documentary). Well, I now have another one....but
perhaps this time it is not really something said by Gould at all.

In the film "32 Short Films about GG" there is a section called "Practice"
in which Gould is heard speaking in voice-over, apparently from a letter; he
describes the shortcomings of some of the pianos he had to play whilst on
tour, and goes on to say:

"I'm not one of those piano freaks, you know.Of course I'm aware there are
people who would gladly sit in the most uncomfortable chairs with three
thousand  other people in uncomfortable chairs, and listen to hours and
hours of the stuff, but its nothing I would ever subject myself to. I just
dont like the sound of piano music that much."

Eh? Glenn Gould 'didnt like the sound of piano music that much? Heavens!
Considering the sublime sounds he made on the instrument (I'm listening to
his Brahms Intermezzi as I write, and if thats not a gorgeous sound, nothing
is....almost makes you believe that GG really was "an incurable romantic",
as he descibed himself in a letter dated 25 January 1961, not as the  "Last
Puritan" of his later self-descriptions....but I digress...) this seems an
astonishing statement. I realise however that like Bach (In Goulds opinion,
anyway) GG was probably more interested in the structure of music than the
actual sonority of the instrument; I think he says as much in Monsaingeon's
film about him playing Bach (A Question of Instrument).

However, in the published screenplay of  "32 Short Films" the credits make
no mention of the source of the text for the "Practice" section, although
credits are given for many other parts of the film. And I cant find any such
quote in the Selected Letters, but of course I may have searched too
carelessly!

So: Is this  quote about not really enjoying the sound of the piano really
from   Gould, or was it simply written for the film? Where did it some from?

Any replies will be gratefully received!

Kate.