Re: The Shadow Genius

Hi:

Does Anyone know if The Shadow Genius is available on VHS in the U.S., and
where?

Thanks!

Pamela.

In a message dated 12/27/00 5:33:54 AM, amarble@SFF.NET writes:

<< I've seen that one. It's interesting in that it includes interviews with

figures of Gouldian significance who usually don't get interviewed. For

example, Glenn Gould's father is interviewed. So is Andrew Kazdin, and

that's ... interesting. It's worth watching just to see Kazdin. (Glenn

Gould's former record producer and author of the controversial "Glenn Gould

at Work: Creative Lying.") Having Kazdin's point of view on the video does

offer balance -- but it also adds a thread of negativity. Still, am I the

only one who finds it rather annoying to see someone complaining that he

had to laugh at Glenn Gould's jokes?

There was also footage of Dr. Helen Mesaros trying to analyze Glenn Gould.

I have limited patience for that sort of thing, and even less patience for

her point of view.

I think I'm going to watch my copy of that video again... But I'm going to

follow it up with ""Glenn Gould: A Portrait." :-> >>

Pamela Glintenkamp
Sandpail Productions
www.sandpail.com