GG: Beatnik

In the GG-would-have-loved-this-thing-dept

What's a Mixman eMix?
Mixman eMixes allow you to easily mix your favorite songs right from your
Internet browser. When you finish mixing, you can send your custom Mixman
eMix to all of your friends or enter it into a contest. Click "Play" to
launch a Mixman eMix, or click "Discuss" to open the discussion board for
that particular artist.

I've been playing w/this for the last few hours (shhh don't tell my boss).
You can access it at www.beatnik.com.  It allows you to remix (in limited
but more advanced than I'd imagined ways) various pop songs.  (I've also
been playing with a similar cool site http://www.madonnamusic.com which
works with Macromedia Flash.  The Madonna site lets you make a little
video though you can't save it or your mix.)

This is too fun.  Anyone want to take a look and let me know what you
think?

-MJ
Mary Jo Watts, mwatts@rci.rutgers.edu
Program in  Comparative Literature | Teaching Excellence Center
Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey