Re: Musikalisches Opfer: where is Glenn?

Snip

> And then all of a sudden it strikes me why is there no recording of the
> Musikalisches Opfer, a piece that must have aroused Gould's playful mind
> with lots of things going on at the same time.
>
> And this is my question. Is there a recording of which I don't know? And
if
> not, did he talk about playing the piece? I think I read some lines about
it
> but can't recall where and when that was.
>
> Jost

Hi Jost, nice post.

Just off the top of my head I know of no Gould recording
 of the two ricercars from this work,
which I find striking.  The six part ricercar is one of my favorite
works by Bach and is high on my list of recordings I wish Gould had made.

does anyone know why Gould didn't record it?

Charles Rosen plays a nice piano version of the six part ricercar, as a
matter of fact,
the only modern piano version I know of.  (There is at least one version on
a fortepiano.)

Jim