Re: GG improvisation.

At 02:04 PM 11/17/00 +0100, Casper Budtz-Jørgensen wrote:
I'm relatively new to Gould's world (except the Goldberg's). I was
wondering, if any recordings exist of him improvising -- or
semi-improvising. I just read Otto Friedrich's biography, and get it he was
quite extraordinary at it (although he apparently didn't think much of it as
an art form -- which, I guess, makes perfectly sense, Gould being
Gould......).

The main collection is here: http://www.gould.nlc-bnc.ca/ra/real.htm

See also these entries from the f_minor archives:
http://www.tug.org/mail-archives/f_minor/msg05758.html
http://www.tug.org/mail-archives/f_minor/msg05098.html
http://www.tug.org/mail-archives/f_minor/msg03319.html
http://www.tug.org/mail-archives/f_minor/msg02534.html
http://www.tug.org/mail-archives/f_minor/msg01926.html
http://www.tug.org/mail-archives/f_minor/msg01895.html

And then there are the Mozart C minor concerto, the Bach violin sonatas with Laredo, the Bach chromatic fantasy, the Bach English suite in D minor, ..., his reductions of orchestral works and operas, ..., and his letters.

Bradley Lehman, Dayton VA home: http://i.am/bpl or http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl clavichord CD's: http://listen.to/bpl or http://www.mp3.com/bpl trumpet and organ: http://www.mp3.com/hlduo

"Music must cause fire to flare up from the spirit - and not only sparks from the clavier...." - Alfred Cortot