Re: 1981 Goldberg Variations DVD

From: Max Kuenkel <agent8698@SEATAC.NET>

> Just noticed this.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000050IL0/qid=972991231/sr=1-1/102-
8
> 200343-3406518

Amazon doesn't list a director?!... I'm going to enter a correction on the
approrpiate page. I think GG would get a chuckle that he's listed as the
"actor" on this video. Hee hee.

Nice to know it's rated G, though. ;->

> http://www.towerrecords.com/product.asp?pfid=2164219

Their listing is much more detailed. However, they list the director as
"Bruno Monsaigneon." Isn't that his cousin who makes electric signs for a
living? <g>

Both Tower and Amazon mention that the DVD is coded in the Region 1 (NTSC)
format (U.S. and Canada only), and not in PAL or SECAM. I thought DVDs were
supposed to be viewable regardless of region.

Then again, I also remember reading (on this list) that most new VCRs (in
Europe at least) can handle multiple formats. Maybe the same is true for
the DVD players sold there. Anyone know if European fans with DVD players
will be able to watch these disks?