Levin WTC

Hello Fminor,

A message from the Bach Recordings list mentions that Levin's
recording of the WTC for the Hanssler label makes use of
five different instruments: single manual harpsichord,
double manual harpsichord, clavichord, organ, pianoforte.

That seems almost Gouldian.

Anyone know more about the recording?

Jim

PS: Totally unrelated trivial topic.   Is there a name (surely a silly one)
for the few years after Bach's death in 1750 (the end of the Baroque era)
but before Mozart's birth in 1756?  If not, how about let's making one up?

Here are some death dates of other baroque composers.

Vivaldi: 1741
Albinoni: 1750
Scarlatti: 1757
Handel: 1759
Tellemann: 1767

I recently offered the idea of calling the years, the Age of Scarlatti, or
the Scarlatti Era.

And yes, I'm trying to have some fun on the list.

Jim