Re: Gould and Jazz - seeking Jamal

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, Joanna Ente wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> Does anyone out there know what Gould's views were on jazz music?  Did he
> listen to jazz?  Did he own a jazz record?  I'm very interested to know.

When in 1994 I bought a CD copy of Bill Evans' "Symbiosis" (written by
Claus Ogerman, arranger/conductor of Streisand's "Classical Barbra,"
another favorite GG album) it had a sticker:

"...what tremendous impression it has made upon me.  Symbiosis is very
much my kind of music.  I have been listening [to it] almost
obsessively.... [It has] had a particular influence upon me over the
years." - Legendary classical-pianist Glenn Gould

-----

Anybody know, *which* Ahmad Jamal album has the "My foolish heart" that GG
used as background music in "The Quiet in the Land" ?  I've been looking
for that for years, not yet successfully.

Bradley Lehman | http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl/ | Dayton, VA, USA

CD's available:
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl/cds.html  or  http://www.mp3.com/bpl