Gould and Updike

Hello Fminor

I visited the Gould Ex Libris site and discovered that Gould
supposedly had at least three Updike books in his collection.

http://users.erols.com/petalpages/gg/

Updike, John Assorted Prose Fawcett, 1966
Updike, John The Centaur Knopf, 1963
Updike, John Couples Fawcett, 1969

The Centaur is one of Updike's masterpieces.

Also, in the Oct 9, 2000 issue of the New Yorker, Updike had a story
in which a pianist named Glenn makes a very brief appearance.

Bye

Jim

PS:  I might as well come clean and say that this month a book on Updike
that I researched and edited is coming out.  The John Updike Encyclopedia by
Jack De Bellis.

More info found at:
http://info.greenwood.com/books/0313299/0313299048.html