Re: Just one track ?

Yeah, what Jacqueline said.

What we're dealing with here is probably the most curious adult in the world.

We may breathe a sigh of relief that there's relatively little electronic geek
stuff on this list, but if we were GG's pals in Toronto, we'd find him regularly
with his nose stuck in circuits and wires asking thousands of technical
questions of audio and recording engineers. If there'd been Lists while he lived
and if he'd liked them, I wonder at the ones he'd drift to. Certainly things
like Microphones; Audio, Analog vs. Digital.

And then there's polar bears and the people who love or put up with them. I
particularly mention this now because if anyone has a week to kill on the cusp
of October/November, that's the time to take the train from Winnipeg to
Churchill and experience the thrill GG did for "The Idea of North." (That's when
the polar bears wander through Churchill.)

I think it's somewhat artificial and synthetic to corral our thoughts into areas
we declare to be proper GG threads; I think it's counter to GG's spirit of
curiosity. I guess I'm sort of wondering how he'd feel if he were a lurker on
this list. I wouldn't want to make him think he couldn't get a good conversation
about anything that pops up here, or that we were setting limits on curiosity.

Bob

Jacqueline Colombier wrote:

> Bonjour F minor,
>
> I was quite surprised to read the back to order on "the Gouldian track" =
> when we see the magnitude of Gould's cultural interests it seems to me
> difficult to speak of "the" Gouldian track, not even music and piano playing
> ! I spoke of my work on Gould's Trilogy with Bion's psychoanalytic work and
> I claim it is on the very Gouldian track : the question of the mind was not
> a minor one for Gould nor foreign to his  relationship to the auditory and
> musical realm (and moreover Bion's psychoanalysis has many crossing-over
> points with Astronomia the late quoted !).

<snip>