Re: Just one track ?

Bonjour F minor,

I was quite surprised to read the back to order on "the Gouldian track" =
when we see the magnitude of Gould's cultural interests it seems to me
difficult to speak of "the" Gouldian track, not even music and piano playing
! I spoke of my work on Gould's Trilogy with Bion's psychoanalytic work and
I claim it is on the very Gouldian track : the question of the mind was not
a minor one for Gould nor foreign to his  relationship to the auditory and
musical realm (and moreover Bion's psychoanalysis has many crossing-over
points with Astronomia the late quoted !).
What I appreciate very much on this Mailing List is that people are free to
mail what they are listening to, what they like or dislike, what they know
as experts, what they find, work on etc... it's to each of us to make the
link with Gould and I bet everyone does it. Of course, we may wish more of
this or less of that, personally. But the movement as a whole we
collectively give to the Mailing List is very important to.
So, O.K for the Gouldian track but let us follow as many roads he himself
opened. I am preparing a report of "Le Nouvel Auditeur" for F minor (I'll
mail it on thursday) and it leads me to expect that this new listener could
be an e-mailer...
                               Jacqueline