Re: Anne Discovers GG Voice Character Generator!

At 12:14 PM 9/24/2000 +0100, Birgitte Jorgensen wrote:
That is simply splendourful. I assume most of you have better things to do
on a Sunday morning, so here is the fruit
of my half hour of toil: a sample of Glenn Gould's philosophy given the
full UV (Universal Translator) treatment.
Sorry, no Klingon, but Maltese, which is derived from Phoenician and
speed-blended with Arabic, Italian and English,
sounds uncannily like Worf's native tongue. Perhaps I can convince a local
speaker to translate this passage for me.
(Other possibly irrelevant trivia in the hitherto unknown Maltese-ST
connection: Malta's equivalent of Jones or
Smith is "Borg"... although I have yet to be assimilated.)

Battleship grey. Glenn Gould and his dog, Nicky. Stokowski in profile, his arms unfurled. Flat-foot Floogie and Bach on Voyager. Gould and Grieg. Roslak and Mahler with the cows. Arrowroot and Poland water. The Mennonites at Red River. Fire engine red. Mozart purists, their eyes wet. Edgar Derby and Billy Pilgrim in Dresden. Szell and the chair. Aleatoric Harry Truman poetry. Monopoly at Maude Harbor. Glenn and Longfellow with Petula. Double-double. Poo-tee-weet.

- Inspired by ST:TNG, "Darmok"

Bradley Lehman, Dayton VA
Home page: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl
Musical samples and CD's: http://www.mp3.com/bpl

"Music must cause fire to flare up from the spirit - and not only sparks
from the clavier...." - Alfred Cortot