Re: divers / miscellaneous

At 11:27 AM 9/23/2000 -0400, Karl Berry wrote:
Anyway, I don't remember the actual music for Tovey's completion of the
unfinished fugue being in the book, but it may well have had a reference.
(Lots of people have composed completions, maybe there's a collection
somewhere.)

One collector of the completions is Keigo Nitadori, whose site includes the Tovey: http://www.plaza.across.or.jp/~nitadori (Tovey's was in open score; this one is in more familiar keyboard notation). We compared notes a few months ago, and each of us had several completions that the other hadn't seen. I'm now aware of at least eight or nine.

Incidentally, that Gouldian nemesis W A Mozart arranged the Cp 8 for string
trio, and he added a nice four-minute Adagio prelude to it.  K 404a.

Bradley Lehman
Dayton VA
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl